Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Surrogates - Wednesday, June 25th, 2014


Surrogates are performing here at The Drunken Unicorn on Wednesday, June 25th, 2014.



We make music to make people feel how we feel when we listen to our favorite music. It's a very visceral thing, the connection we have to it. It moves our bodies and gives us a reason to keep getting up in the morning.



Surrogates on Facebook

Jail Weddings are performing before Surrogates.



Jail Weddings' epic second full length is quite aptly titled. Meltdown: the flailing emotional implosion often borne of a triumvirate of frayed nerves, volatile substances and excessive external pressure is clearly evidenced in the words and music herein. But, there's also a newfound sense of musical genres and histories mixing together like molten wax where the band's signature Shangri-La's, Bad Seeds, noir-hued pop merges with hazy psychedelia, bombastic rock and even essences of bizarre Eastern European folk. It's the sound of a band that's always been at the brink of self-destruction actually growing and thriving on its own chaotic impulses.





Jail Weddings on Facebook

The Merry Go Rounds are starting the show.



when I was young, they told me to wait
said child, you're so wild, learn to hesitate
so for a while I felt guilt for my sins
its taken all my life just to forgive it again

when I was young, livin' outside the city
they said girl, all you must do in this world is stay pretty
now that I'm older, I know its a lie
its taken all my life, its taken all my life
to take it all back

all I want is someone to love me
heaven above or hell below me





The Merry Go Rounds on Facebook

$6, 21+
Doors @ 9 pm

Our Concert Calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment