Saturday, January 29, 2011

Today The Moon, Tomorrow The Sun is performing on Saturday, February 12th, 2011

Performer Magazine presents:

Today The Moon, Tomorrow The Sun on Saturday, February 12th



Today the Moon, Tomorrow the Sun is about the collaborative. It’s about the connections between sound and people. It’s about the heart and the head. It’s for mistakes and triumphs, and against arrogance and underconfidence. Today the Moon, Tomorrow the Sun is a band of four. 2 boys. 2 girls. Noisy. Dancy. Loud. Sincere. Sweaty. Loveable. Hardworking. Fun. Touring full-time since August '09 You can find Today the Moon, Tomorrow the Sun on I-tunes, Emusic, Rhapsody, and Grooveshark.

We're trying to keep some video diaries of our tour adventures...
Check out tour vlogs here

Today The Moon, Tomorrow The Sun on Facebook

Cusses are the second act of the evening.



"First of let me start with a huge THANK YOU for this opportunity to get to know the band and the killer photos. Alrighty down to business.
1. How in the world did the name CUSSES come about to be?

Cuss is an old southern term. “a lil ol cuss” means a lil rascal. We thought we were all lil ol rascals trying to make some music!

2. Your 3rd release is come out November 16, what is going to be different from this ep’s than the previous 2?

Our goal is that each ep is better than the last. We are trying to make them better as well as ourselves with each show.

3. The band seems to have a push and pull of energy at the shows, giving back double to the audience the more we push towards the music, is that by accident or a conscious choice to create a connection with the fans?

There are always accidents, but we def are always trying to give every bit of our emotion and energy to the crowd. We want you to feel it in every bit of your body and soul. Otherwise what’s the point of coming to the show!?

4. I’ve noticed fashionable following w/varied versions of Angel’s style, is that something that has taken you by surprise? Does it present a challenge?

Def by surprise, this is the second time I’ve heard of it! I’m flattered. My challenge is being comfortable! Although, I do like to focus more on the music and not what I’m wearing as I learned from my first show. I wore a cute ol’ vintage dress and by the end: I had broken the zipper and both the straps had ripped off! So my challenge is that my attire is flexible and comfy!

5. Lyrically the songs seem to be asking questions, searching for an answer , expressing the raw human experience. Is writing a collaborative group effort?

We all write the songs together quite fast musically, but lyrically I write most of the songs. Brian the drummer, (my boyfriend and music partner), has written a few with me and some of those are my favorite. But mostly I have written the lyrics. I think what you asked is quite correct. My goal is to write positively about my experiences no matter what they were and no matter if I’ve found the answers to them yet or not. I’ve had a very colorful past which enables me to write very emotional songs. I want people to feel the pain but also feel the joy of coming through any experience with a more positive perception of today and tomorrow.

6. What would you like to have happen within the Savannah, Low Country, southern east coast music scene?

We would like to see Savannah be more of a stop for bigger bands! Be more of a destination where people want and need to come here to see their fans and make more! Love to see as many local kids trying and doing there best to build the music scene here back up.
7.What is next?

We would like to make all of our out of town shows feel like a hometown show. Because there is nothing better than playing in Savannah to our home peeps that have made us who we are!

A little history…

Brian Lackey, drummer, and Bryan Harder both went to SCAD 15 yrs ago and played in a couple punk bands together back then. That’s what makes them so bad ass together! Angel and Brian were in California, paying too much rent and not making enough music ,so he suggested Savannah. Closer to our families and peeps, he told me how beautiful it was here, less expensive, a great support network of people and plenty of musicians for collaborations. A year ago in Aug. we moved back, Brian and Bryan started to play together again. Bryan Harder from New Jersey had stayed in Savannah, became an architect, had a family, two little boys and a wife, professor at SCAD and hadn’t played out since Lackey left ten years ago! They had asked me to sit in, which I was a little apprehensive about for a few months, mainly because I wanted my boyfriend to have his own music thing going on and not overkill our relationship with too much of anything! But when I finally did, it meshed so well, we had four songs in minutes and we all knew right then we had to do something together. It’s rare to find musicians where the chemistry is so good that everytime you get together you have 4 new songs everytime you practice!" - Coco Devine / XTMag.net

Cusses on Facebook

Baby Baby are the openers.



There comes a time in every bands life when they must ask their selves “what are we doing?” Yeah we know life gets rough but, it’s the music that makes you want to forget about that sorry stuff. What are we doing? We are playing music!! Music that makes us dance, makes us sing, makes us want to keep playing songs for you with every entangled organ we own. We’ve heard the sad stuff and that just isn’t going to do. Truly ask yourself, look deep inside you and search for the answer… when was the last time you got your face painted? When was the last time you danced to some fun rock, baby? Tomorrow the light.

Baby Baby on Facebook

$7, 18+
Doors @ 9 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment