Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Dan Deacon - Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014


WMRE are presenting:

Dan Deacon here at the Drunken Unicorn on Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014.



I never felt American until I left the United States. In 2007 I went to Europe for the first time to tour in support of Spiderman of the Rings. At the time I, like many other young Americans, didn’t identify as “American.” The United States was an evil, Earth-destroying monster of war, corporate greed and bigotry. I had been touring for years in the DIY scene, trying to live apart from consumer culture, feeling detached from what I thought of as the American lifestyle. But when I left for Europe, I was slammed into reality. Never before had I felt so much like an outsider. I was alone in foreign lands with no friends. While it was a beautiful experience and a great tour, I realized that no matter which subculture I chose to identify or what kind of lifestyle I led I would always be American. Nothing could ever change that. As simple as that idea seems, it was a massive shift in consciousness for me.





Dan Deacon on Facebook

Warehouse are starting the show.



Ambitious go-getters rich in trash.



Warehouse on Facebook

$10, 18+
Doors @ 8:30 pm

Advance tickets available @



You can also purchase tickets in person at eight Whole Foods locations, Criminal Records, Decatur CD and the following CD Warehouse locations: Buford, Duluth, Kennesaw, Lawrenceville and Roswell.

Our Concert Calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment